Thursday, October 27, 2005

Is there a pause button?

As I was sitting at the park watching my 5 boys all spinning around on the "spinny thingy" ;-) They were all laying on there sides trying to touch the ground as they spun in a circle. It seemed like everything was in slow motion. I was soo happy for a moment that I had 6 healthy, lovely children. And then then it hit me. I dont want them to grow up. I dont want my 9 year old to turn 10 or my 2 year old to turn 3. I want them to stay this way for at least the next 10 years, then we can move up to the next year. I started thinking about them growing into teenagers and what that will bring. I dont expect trouble to come from that, just a different atmosphere in the house. I love this toddler, baby thing!! Am I weird because of that. most cant wait until they are out of diapers or weaned and I wish it would last, not forever, but alot longer than it does. I am not ready yet! Slow down! Better Yet Stop!! Wheres the pause button????

No comments:

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29