Monday, October 17, 2005

Liver......

.....is it a subconscious thing or is it really just nasty? I have to say for me its totally a subconscious sabotage. Tonight for the first time I made liver. I figured hey, its a right of passage, right? All mothers from times gone by, "the good ole days", made liver. So I gave it a shot. The boys had never tasted this and I was curious what they would think. I watched from the kitchen to see if they would fall to the floor gasping there last breaths. Isn't that what kids are supposed to do when forced to eat liver. Although I avoided the truth and said it was just beef, hey that's partly true!. WELL, to my surprise two of them asked for seconds. One of them wont eat meat and Seth was the only one who said hey this stuff is yukky! Devon ate it without complaint. Although I suspect it wasn't his favorite. So heres where the shameful part comes in. And I have to say on my behalf, the cook has a disadvantage when it comes to liver, you have seen the before picture and no matter what, it sticks in your mind. I plated the liver all fried and hidden under its crispy disguise. Added the side of broccoli and sat at the table with the boys. I was going to do this...how hard can it be? I cut off a small piece and took a bite. Now not wanting to alarm the children I put on the best face I could. I felt like I was in an episode of Fear Factor, without the incentive of 50,000 at the end of that liver. I acted as though I needed something from the kitchen and ran straight to the trash can, where I spit out the nasty, yukky, liver. I learned that trick from my children. So there...I have confessed.

No comments:

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29