Saturday, December 01, 2007

This and That

I went to bed early last night because I had the second worse headache I have ever had. To give you an idea of how bad it was, my prayers went something like this; "Lord if you take me tonight, please give Rob a heart to stay home and homeschool the children, etc, etc!" I ran down my list of things that I needed the Lord to do and then laid there waiting for sleep.

I awoke this morning though with only a slight headache, that has held on all day...but its a walk in the park compared to last night. After skipping dinner last night I was hungry!! So I had some scrambled eggs (courtesy of the hens outback) covered in Gouda cheese and herbs, with a big ole glass of milk.

Lunch was a spinach salad again and another load of fruits and veges in the juicer.

I was starving again by dinner, I'm sorry but salad just doesnt stay with me for longer than an hour or so. It doesnt help that I am hypoglycemic and if I dont eat every few hours I am ravenous, but for the sake of clearing out my system, one of my goals is to lower my food intake. So dinner was Couscous with meatballs and a delicious acorn squash. My dinner buddy was Ava, she loves squash and Couscous.
I promise not to bore you to much more with my eating habits, it helps me to actually SEE what I am eating, because like I said I tend to graze all day long just to keep my sugar up.

I received my copy of Passionate Housewives today in the mail. I am at chapter 4 and am so far very encouraged by the book! It is so nice to know that somewhere out there are woman that feel the same way you do. I personally need that fellowship, even if its only through a book.

Mercy Me (the band) is playing tonight 2 blocks from my house. They always come home for Christmas. Yep they are from little ole Greenville....whoda thunk it?

Shabbot Shalom!
Have a Peaceful Sabbath

2 comments:

Robyn said...

You're not boring me with your eating posts! Post more, they are interesting and inspiring to me. (I'm trying to be really healthy this week, too.) :-)

motherofmany said...

I like to see other people's menus- I love couscous but would have never thought to put it with meatballs! I usually chop up green olives and garlic and cook it with those.

My husband was looking over my shoulder and saw your pictures (first time he has seen your blog) and counted up the boys, anmd then the girls, and sadi "Don't they know what causes that?" Of course, joking, because we hear it all the time. He said people like us have to stick together.

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29