Thursday, March 22, 2007

Goings on


I ordered our chickens this morning. 11 Buff Orpingtons will be arriving shortly. These will be our layers. If all goes well with raising these ladies we will purchase 50 meat birds in a month. I am really excited to get them here. I have always wanted chickens and the time has finally come. My one and only concern really are the dogs, I sure hope they realize they are our pets and not chew toys. ;-/


I received the book A full quiver Tuesday in the mail, and finished it Wed afternoon. I would recommend this book to all married folks. It is written very well. The thing that stood out to me the most was that all scriptures that deal with conception and or pregnancy states clearly in not so many words that The Lord opened the womb and gave a child. It never says that so and so decided to have a child, etc. The Lord is the author and giver of live. He decides when a baby will be given, what color eyes they will have, what gender they will be, even the day of their birth is not about calculations and sono dates, that day is decided by The Father. I have known these things in my heart yet needed to hear truth spoken to me as I have become very content after the birth of Ava. Who knows perhaps its because The Lord is done giving us children, or perhaps it was just my selfish flesh getting the best of me.....I suspect the later is true. Nonetheless it was refreshing and convicting....just what I needed.

No comments:

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29