Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Busy Day & Night

A month ago to the day I was sitting in the dentist office. After having gotten up and readied the kids then drove the thirty minutes to get there. I was told I was a month early. What? OK well, we'll see you next month. So today at 7:50am my son says "mom, is this the day we go to the dentist?" I say, "Ahhh, your right, everybody get your shoes on and head to the car." We had to be there at 8:30 and we were going to be late. The kids were wonderful even though they had not eaten breakfast, the bill not so wonderful. But that was expected. So long story short I am either a month early or 30 minutes late to all dentist appointments.

I have said before that when I grow up I want to be a midwife. Well last night I got my start. A friend and fellow MOMY, was due on the 11th and had been dropped by her midwife on the 8th. Yes, you heard me right, DROPPED as she began to go into labor. WHAT?

Anyway they decided that they would go it alone. They both felt confident that they could do it, but were nervous about all the what-ifs. She began labor yesterday in the early morning hours. As the day progressed yesterday, I would call every few hours and talk with her husband, get a feel if everything was OK, then leave them alone to carry on. She was doing great and laboring well throughout the day. I called again at 10:30 yesterday evening and her hubby asked me to come over "quick" I could here her in the background (you know the transition sounds ;-) Her hubby was getting nervous because he had always been a side man, holding a leg and looking on. I hoped in my car and drove the 5 minutes to her house. I'll spare you all the details, but Airealissa(sp) Praise was born at 11:00pm. She was about 8 lbs. So I had my first delivery last night. What a blessing! GOD is sooooooo GOOD!

I have a headache today, so I'm off to find the Excedrin Migraine.

6 comments:

rcsnickers said...

Hey, that is the about the same time my friend had her unassisted twin birth! What a great feeling to assist in the birth huh? Oh wonderfully happy for you! Praise God for a healthy little girl!

Sorry about the dentist and bill... no fun there!

Letisha

runningtothecross said...

Awesome!!! I am getting very excited about my next delivery...Can you come over? :OD

I think Texas is a little far off...I am almost on the east coast!!!

Anyway, I hope your experience was a great one!

Blessings!
Heather

Mothertomanyblessings said...

How awsome is that!!!! COngrats to you and here.

Christy said...

OH Wow! How cool! I've been very blessed by finding MOMYS! I met Corinne there, and she is coming to my next birth! As a doula, but I'm still so excited! We are praying Gods blessing on our 1st homebirth.

Blessings,
Christy

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

How wonderful, Audrey! Doesn't that just put a spring in your step - assisting in something as amazing as the birth of a child? I've been a simple aid to a friend in the hospital, but it was amazing.
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

wow that is amazing! And what a beautiful name they gave her!

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29