Sunday, June 29, 2008

Homemade Birthday

Ethan turns 7 on July 3rd. So I made him this Space boy cloth action figure and I am still working on the Robot that goes with him. Rob thinks its pretty neat but has a feeling that Ethan is going to be a bit disappointed. He may be right. It seems that the last two birthday celebrators made out rather well gift wise. I feel bad but there is really nothing more I can do. His is lucky that I had this material already on hand.

Lets just say things have been tight around here for the past 6 weeks. Rob did a bathroom remodel for someone we knew in June. They are and have been for the past 2 weeks ignoring/running from and dodging us completely. They owe us $6,000 dollars and we haven't seen one penny. Its looking rather dim that we will be paid for this job and will have to place a lien against the home, problem is we are broke. I haven't paid the bills for June and yes its almost July. My friend paid our electric/water bill earlier this month so it would not be turned. off.

Its been really hard going through this. We have never dealt with someone who would not pay. It was a set up from the beginning and we realize now he never intended to pay us. We do have a contract to back us up but the truth of the matter is it will cost a few hundred dollars to file the judgments and then time, both of which we just don't have. Thank the Lord we planted a garden this year because that has been keeping us fed as well as eggs from the chickens. We have tried to take meals from 3 down to 2 a day, eating breakfast at 9:30 and eating Linner or Dunch (whatever you want to call it) at around 3:30. This works for the most part, its amazing what kids will eat when they are hungry ;-)

Any way, not here to cry on your shoulder just wanted to tell you that if I suddenly disappear from Internet land for a while its because my phone has been shut off. Life sometimes throws hardball's and we are on the receiving end this time. All I know is He is in control. If you feel led to pray for us and for this to be resolved rather quickly, please do.

8 comments:

Toadzilla said...

I just want to say I really enjoy your blog. I will pray for you. It is hard when people fail you. I hope your son realizes that you did what you could to make his birthday special.

Robyn said...

We're Praying for you! (((HUGS)))

rcsnickers said...

We had times like that growing up. Ate cabbage for our dinner for weeks. Then one day someone knocked on the door and we found bags of groceries! What a blessing! We are praying for you guys.

Amity said...

So sorry that you are going throught this right now. Are finances are quite tight as well right now too. Praise God that we know wecan trust in Him. My poor hubby doesn't understand (he is not saved) that I can still have peace and joy while we are going through these hard times. It frusterated him that I am not mad and upset....I feel bad becuase he is taking it so hard. I will keep you all in my prayers (((hugs)))

Holly C. said...

That doll is adorable.

You seem to be very resourceful, so I'm sure you'll make it through okay.

Hope you get things resolved quickly!

Blessings to you and your family.

Melanie said...

I hope things work out quickly. We are a ministry family in Mongolia and I can certainly relate about not being able to make ends meet. We are having a rough patch right now, too.

God bless you and give you the resolve and the strength to press on.

Rachel said...

I'm cathing up on blog readings.. Congrats on the addition!! Who hoo! Your garden is producing yummy foods! I love having a garden too! I will keep yall in prayers. Keep the faith!!

hermes 35cm birkin said...

Interesting birthday.

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29