Monday, March 27, 2006

Out of The Mouths of Babes

I wont get into what led to this conversation but thought many of you might like the insight of a 10 year old little boy who has just learned that there is no Easter bunny

Setting the scene, my ten year old son is in the kitchen washing dishes...which is where I do quite a bit of thinking myself. We had had the conversation about an hour earlier.

Devon: "So mom all the parents in the world who have said that there was an Easter Bunny lied?"

Me: Ashamed at myself for being one of them says...."yes honey we all lied"

Devon: "well parents most of all should know that even a white lie is sin...it may seem harmless, but it is still a lie"

I walked away from that conversation with a new insight as to what a child may think. Devon, even knowing that these things were "fun" for kids, realized that all parents are lieing about it. I make no claims here...just thought I would pass along something I thought was profound.

No comments:

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29