Wednesday, March 01, 2006

So pretty... oh so pretty

For the last 2 days I have worn skirts, and shoes LOL. And I plan on finishing out the week in them. My goal here is two fold. I am a bit of a lounger. I can stay in a pair of sweat pants for a few days in a row, and I really dislike shoes, perhaps my Indian side coming through. To my defense I was raised by my dad and have basically been around guys my whole life, so when I sit I like to have my legs up to my chest or back behind me, not much of a legs crossed nicely in front of you kind of gal. I like being active, gardening or running around the park, going fishing and hiking and swimming. All these things are most easily done in a nice comfy pair of caprice. So the 1st goal is to be more lady like, and a good example for my daughter.

The second part and perhaps the part I am most passionate about is setting a good example as to how ladies should dress. Such as the time I dropped my children off at Sunday church and the teacher bent down (which you should never do in low rise pants)and hello there before me and my boys eyes were her lovely thong undies. Now I have a problem with this...if I want to see thongs I will go to Victoria Secrets. I don't have a problem with thongs, use-ta were them myself...but please ladies we all don't want to see them, and we DONT want our young sons exposed to your hinney.

This happened the other day at Wal-Mart. I was minding my own business buying toothpaste and there was a 19ish year old sitting on the floor fronting the toothpaste....sounds harmless right, well it would have been had she not been wearing low rise jeans and NO underwear. I could see all the good LORD gave her back there. If that were my daughter I would be ashamed. So I stand before you now and say that I will not contribute to this J-Lo Booty phenomenon, to the relief of most Im sure. But it seems I am trying to bring back the Marilyn Monroe era, because I just walked outside to check on my boys and the wind blew my skirt up over my head.
Cant win for loosing...note to self sew fishing weights to bottom of skirt.

No comments:

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29