Monday, March 17, 2008

Family

We went to my sisters yesterday for a crawfish boil. My dad came to town (he lives in Mississippi) and his dad came as well. It was nice to see them. I hadn't seen my grandfather in over 4 years even though he lives about an hour away. So, he had never met a large percentage of my children.

I just can not fathom living so close to my children/grandchildren/greatgrandchildren and never seeing them. My mind just doesn't wrap around it very well. Yet that is the story of my life. We enjoy them when we do see them, and dread the next days grouchiness from blood sugar irregularity, due to massive amounts of candy and cokes having been consumed.

My Papa whom I actually lived with as a baby off and on while my dad was working. Can you believe he is almost 80 and has had different cancers and illnesses...you just cant seem to kill an Adams though. His mother just died last year and she was 103.


My dad


Ava Rose enjoying her visit with family.


2 comments:

Robyn said...

Awwww, the pictures of the girls are just adorable! Love Ava Rose's little tiny legs! :-)

I don't understand the family thing, either, :-( We lived for years, 10 min away from J's parents, and saw them only 2ce per year, because they were just too busy to bother with us. Sigh. . .

rcsnickers said...

Sorry that family is like that sometimes... I don't understand either. I know growing up for me we were not near family and practically did not have a close relationship with grandparents! That is why I am so thankful that we live near both for our kids to make memories that I never had!

Glad you did have a visit with them and enjoyed the time. I understand the days after... we have family visiting this weekend and will battle the same tired, sugar overload attitudes!

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29