Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Permanent Birth Control

This is nothing new....or is it? We are well aware of the typical permanent birth control options....a tubal ligation or a vasectomy. These have been available to individuals for years, I know many family and friends who have opted for these methods. You kinda always have an out with these methods though because they are reversible with high percentages of pregnancies afterwards.

I was skimming through Country Living magazine today and came across an add for birth control. What caught my initial attention was the head line "What if I got pregnant again? What would we do? Everything would change. Will I ever stop worrying" I bit and kept reading. I was shocked with what I found.

I dont know why I was shocked, it just seemed so dark those words I read "This procedure is not reversible" Not only is it not reversible it only takes about an hour in a Drs office to have the procedure done. The add raved about how there was no surgery involved, no cutting, no hormones. What in the world could they be doing to these woman?

So I went to the website and found the disturbing answer.

Now I want to say loud and clear that I am not against others using birth control weather it be temporary or permanent....that is every ones individual choice. But I truly wonder what the medical, physical, repercussions of a procedure like this could cause....not to mention there is no turning back....ever! Scary stuff!!

What are your thoughts?

8 comments:

Kristi said...

That is disturbing on SO many levels *shudder*

Congratulations on your newest little one! You are truly blessed. :-)

Toadzilla said...

Wow I can't believe that is an option. I wonder what can go wrong. I mean there has to be some sort of risk. Congrats on your new little one.

blessedmumof2 said...

Wow I had never heard of this before, it certainly does seem so scary that this is even being offered, I can't see how this could not be harmful to women's bodies, let alone the fact that it is NEVER reversible. scary!

Anonymous said...

This MUST be harmful to the woman's body. I mean, you are actually making tissue form/develop and grow where God did not intend for it to be! I'm glad I'm not the one who posted on this as I'm certain I would not have been as eloquent as you Audrey!
Cathy

rcsnickers said...

This is new to me! Not surprise at all though. Did you know that they also have "a pill" for men to prevent pregnancies? Sad world.

Kaira said...

I just think this is very sad overall. I'm sure it isn't a "healthy" thing to do to your body but the concept is just sad to me. Thanks for sharing.

Mothertomanyblessings said...

that is crazy!!! I would not want that done to me. Very very sad.

Melissa Nelson said...

I'm guessing there will be tons of problems from this--cancer and auto-immune diseases, etc. The sad thing is that people want to go to so much trouble to avoid being blessed.

And btw, congratulations on your new blessing!!

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29