Friday, May 19, 2006

Grateful and Sorrowful

There are two families right now that are in a place I hope to never know. The first family is the Snow family. Two weeks before Christmas last year, Melissa a mother of six girls and a brand new baby boy; found out that she had brain cancer. She was optimistic as was the family. It was a whirlwind to them I am sure. Now she has been given 6-12 months to live.

The second family is a wonderful family with 8 children. The father Jeff is very likely in his last hours of life. They are still holding out hope that The Heavenly Father will heal him. I hold out that hope with them as well.

These things cant make much sense, except just knowing that The Lord is in charge of everything and He knew our life before we were even born. That in itself is the only comfort one can take away from all of this.

So as I am filled with sorrow for these families. I am also filled with a grateful heart. That today no matter what the day brings I am healthy, Rob is healthy, my children are healthy. I thank you Heavenly Father with every cell in my being that you have given us health. That as of this day we have not had to deal with such heart ache. Lord please forgive me for ever feeling that I did not have enough, or that something wasn't fair. Forgive me for complaining in my ignorance. We are truly blessed!

Please lift these families up to The Lord. And pray for complete healing for them both; and if that is not The Lords will that they may have peace through it all.

No comments:

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29