Monday, December 12, 2005

Fine I'll Do It

So my childrens godmother is telling me on the phone yesterday that she has some stocking stuffers for the kids. Wait, stocking stuffers? You mean I am now going to have to pull out the stockings and put them up? Then they will want me to put up the tree and decorate the house. I have found myself this year, well, not in the mood to decorate. I am not exactly sure why, but it could have something to do with the fact that there is not one room in my house that is finished yet. My tree will go up in the dinning room that has a wall exposed and covered in plastic. Now thats a nice backdrop for the shimmering lights. And the stockings, where do I even hang them? I hung them last year on the entry way columns, but right now there are kitchen cabinets in the entry way and in the library. Oh YAY, you say, you have new kitchen cabinets going in! Well, they arent mine. My husband is building them for a friends kitchen. SIGH so I cant put them there. I want to put up garland and lights on the outside of the house, but there is a 35 ft lader leaning up against our balcany and I am not sure that would be real pretty. I guess I could put garland and lights on the ladder and call it Santas Way into our house. Yes I am complaining but gosh I would so love to be anywhere near done with ONE thing in this lovely home. So back to the decorations. I pulled out the stockings (still not sure where they are going)and the boys put up the tree. Need to run to wally world and get some decorations for it, it seems they are all missing. I will sew Eve and Elijah a stocking and finish our christmas cards. I will try in the midst of all that to find where I misplaced my christmas spirit. Whats that? You guys want presents to put under the tree?!? I guess I should get buisy with buying those to. LOL

No comments:

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29