Thursday, February 02, 2006

Things That Make You Go Hmmm?

So there is always something going on in our world that I don't agree with, or times that I would like to know, "What is that person thinking?" And every once in a while there will be a real slam-dinger. Where you stand there thinking, "was I abducted last night and taken to a far off planet, where everything is backwards?"

Well last night must have been that night, because this mornings news is rather disturbing. We'll start with this one. If you are caught FEEDING the HOMELESS in Dallas county you will be fined. That's right, you really did just read that. If I stop on the side of the road or under a bridge to feed a homeless lady and her children or the mentally handicapped guy, or the guy with no legs that rolls himself around in a wheelchair, I will be ticketed. Mrs Lora Miller seems to think that these people enjoy being homeless, and perhaps some of them do, but really its not like its an epidemic....there are not people on every street corner asking for a hand out. And quite frankly.....even if it is this big underground homeless peoples conspiracy to secretly take control of all the food sources of Dallas...who gives someone the right to tell me I cant give something to someone, especially food.

O.K. on to the next thing, Mrs Andrea Yates I don't understand, how someone who was caught red-handed is released from prison on a technicality?!? Now I am not debating this that or the other about this case or what she did or what she deserves, God will deal with that. I am speaking about our justice system. WHAT PLANET AM I ON?? She did it, what's the technicality in that? She has never denied it, yet we must make her attorneys prove that she did. I am lost, and when the next bus to Normalville comes through this part of town I want a one way ticket back!

I know what will make me feel beter, I'll just go sew something!

No comments:

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29