Thursday, September 21, 2006

A few questions answered

I thought I would answer a few questions that I tend to be long winded when answering.;-)


Letisha asked "did you homebirth with the boys? What are your labors like? Besides PAINFUL AND JOYOUS!"

My first 4 boys were delivered in the hospital. I was never happy with the outcome of each birth, except of course for my precious babies. I felt like a circus attraction with everyone looking on waiting for me to spit fire. Along with that I felt like so much was done that was unnecessary. My labors are quite short. The first one was about 6 hours and I pushed 3 times, after being told I would be pushing for at least an hour. I remember thinking after his birth..."man, that was easy what was all the fuss about?" haha. For those of you who would like to hit me for saying that ;-) Yes, I had an epidural and had no idea what real pain was!

With my 5th son we planned to have a home birth unassisted. His birth was wild, and the more I look back on it, it was a blessing. The Father knew that I needed for it to happen fast. I had my first contraction and had a baby in my hands 30 min. later. It was fast and spontaneous. My body took over and I was just along for the ride!

My Eve was pretty quick as well. It was about 3 hours from first contraction until she was in my arms. That was an intense labor. All mine have been very quick and painful. I watch moms having babies and they are in obvious pain but are controlled. I am screaming like I am being flogged. The best way I can explain the intensity of my labors is it feels like I am being pulled apart. It is hard, but worth every moment! I would love to have a longer labor with less intensity! Its amazing what us moms are willing to go through to receive The Fathers precious gifts!

Also asked "You got a much sooner start than I did. Did you know Rob in high school?"

I wish my life had been that normal! LOL I had moved out of my dads house when I was 14 and got a job and an apartment and started my life. Rob and I met while we were working as Vet Tech's in an animal hospital. I was 18. He was 23. We dated for a year and where married in 1995. I was 3 weeks away from being 20 when we had our first son! We have been blessed every other year sense then with a new baby! We will be celebrating our 11th anniversary in 2 days!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too have short labors (6hr, 5hr, 1hr, and 8hrs -- last would of been shorter but long story!) I have gone natural except at the end with number 4 I got the ep. I hated it! I hate to admit I got it!

Anyway, wow, at being 14. What a blessing the Lord's work has done in and for your life.

Thanks.

Letisha

GINA said...

FIRST OF ALL CONGRATS ON THE WEDDING ANNIVERSARY.IN MY OPINION IT ONLY GETS BETTER WITH TIME. SECOND MY LABORS WERE FAIRLY LONG. 11 1/2 HOURS WITH JORDAN AND 29 HOURS WITH RILEY. YEAH I KNOW AND SHE IS SUBBORN TO THIS DAY.WHEW THAT WAS TIRING. IT SEEMS THAT JUST WHEN YOU THINK YOU CAN HANDLE NO MORE PAIN--IT ALL HAPPENS SO QUICK AND THERE THEY ARE-SO PRECIOUS THAT THE PAIN DISSAPEARS IN AN INSTANT---UNTIL YOU GO TO GET UP OF COURSE--BUT IT DOESNT SEEM TO MATTER FOR THEY ARE ALL WORTH IT.

Anonymous said...

I knew you all had to be animal lovers to have such big dogs with the kids :-) I was a Vet tech for 5 years and looooved it! Surgery was my favorite :-)

Happy Anniversary!!! May you all have many many more blessed years together!

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29