Monday, April 16, 2007

I feel like....

.....I'm falling apart. These last 6 weeks have been trying. I have always been blessed with awesome health, easy pregnancies and a general sense of well being. Two weeks after this last pregnancy I have become weak in the joints of my left hand. Feels like arthritis. My Left shoulder and wrist aches and now I can not step on the ball of my left foot. I did some research last night and found that I must have Metatarsalgia in my foot.

I am discouraged to say the least. It is very difficult to do all that I have to do in a day on one foot. I have to sit on my hiney like a two year old and slide down the stairs.

I am sure that 7 pregnancies in 11 years has been draining on my body and I haven't always been very good at taking my vitamins and calcium. My concern is that I am only 31 and I do not want to ache for the rest of my life. So do you have any ideas? I am taking all suggestions. Are there any herbs that help with joints. I am taking Cod Liver Oil, HSO's and a multivitamin. As well as Raspberry tea, and my Mamas Tea is on its way. My diet is about 75% Nourishing Traditions. What else can I do?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only thing that comes immeditly to my mind, is that you should add some high vitamin butter oil to take before your CLO.

We are around the same age, and sometimes I can't believe how old I feel, or the strange aches I'll suddenly get.

I'm trying to get some high vitamin butter oil for myself as well. :-?

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

Oh, Audrey. I just said a prayer for you, and will continue to do so.
www.welltellme.com/discuss is a forum run by Gabe and Rebekah Pearl, and it is a great place to go and ask questions just like yours! A lot of women have probably been through what you and prayzgod are, so they could definitely give you some helpful tips.
But in the meantime, the Glorious Physician is our ultimate forum leader, yes? I will pray for healing from Him.

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

Oh, and I posted about the dress and your sweet store tonight, too. (((Audrey)))

runningtothecross said...

Another important vitamin to take is Vitamin E, it is supposed to increase joint mobility.

There are many other things you can take, (like Methysulfonyl-methane or MSM, glucosamine sulfate, etc.) but I don't know how they affect nursing mothers.

You sound like me, this is my seventh (successful) pregnancy in 11 years (in June).

I will be praying for you!

I wouldn't do anything that the children can do, can you get help from church or family?

Blessings!
Heather

Stephanie said...

I second the butter oil, and STAY AWAY from white flour and trans fats...they are notorious for causing cartilage breakdown.

Do you use coconut oil? Fats, especially saturated fats, are needed to maintain cartliage as we age...coconut oil is also good for baby's brain development and easily passes through breastmilk. It sounds like you are getting plenty of minerals...RRL is very high in minerals, you just need some more fat.

My favorite products:

Butter/CLO Oil

Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

Anonymous said...

I would suggest a Christian massage therapist. we have a wolderful lady near us who not only helps with the aches and pains, but is willing to teach those who are willing to learn, how to take care of the parts you can reach by yourself. obviously you're not going to be able to massage your own back, but you may be able to relax the muscles that are pulling on your foot, or knee & gain some relief that way.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, I don't really have any suggestions, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm right there with you. I was fine, perfectly healthy, until the birth of my 6th. Now I feel like I'm falling apart and everything is going wrong. I am trusting in the Lord and just being consistant with what I know to be healthy eating and lifestyle.

Anonymous said...

I had similar symptoms after my latest baby and it turned out to be carpal tunnel and tendonitus. Physical therapy helped but also nightime splints and ice. The physical therapist said it was caused by so much work with my hands taking care of house and kids. If you can massage the sore spots with a racquet ball it will give temporary relief but only every other day so you give the muscles time to repair.

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29