Monday, July 24, 2006

I'm down here..............

...........can you hear me? Under the various piles of paperwork that need to be dealt with. Underneath all the clean clothes that need to be put away. No wait, I'm under this big huge to do list with a hundred things written on it, and another 50 that I keep forgetting to write on it.

Call this person....make this appointment...finish this bid on the computer....schedule the next few months....complete school work with all the children....keep the house clean....make healthy meals that ALL the kids will love (hahaha).

It seems that as my life around me keeps getting bigger, I remain only one person! Two...Three...Five...Seven children. Still one me!

One...Two...four...grades to teach. Still one me!

1100...1800...2400...3000...3600 sq ft to clean. Still one me!

I am realizing that as life gets bigger you have to become more of a micro manager...with super human organizational skills...and the determination to walk through a day with the job of six profesionals on your one, not so super human back!

Will I make it to the surface? That is still to be determined.

1 comment:

GINA said...

YOU KNOW I ONCE HEARD IT SAID THAT IF A STAY AT HOME MOM GOT PAID FOR ALL THOSE THINGS THAT WE DO ON A 24/7 BASIS--WE WOULD BE ONE OF THE HIGHEST PAID PEOPLE IN THE WORLD. I DO BELIEVE IT. SOMETIMES I THINK WOULDN'T IT BE NICE IF WE DID? BUT NO AMOUNT OF MONEY IN THE WORLD CAN REPLACE WHAT WE DO. IT HAS THE BEST REWARDS. HANG IN THERE AND TRY AND GO WITH THE FLOW.

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29