Friday, July 21, 2006

That one "special" child

My darling almost 7 year old, my 3rd son, Seth. Oh how I just cant seem to understand how you are wired. You were the absolute most perfect baby to ever grace this earth. You never really complained about anything, and you waited patiently in all things. Then one day something happened. Maybe the earth shifted just a smidge, but something was thrown terribly off.

From the time you hit 3 you became a different little boy. Always getting into things....over and over again. No spanking or punishment or talking to ever swerved your determination. If we are in a busy place you are the one that will wonder off. Perhaps we could just call you strong willed, determined, focused. But I don't think that paints the whole picture.

You anger your poor older brothers into oblivion. Of which it seems they can not return. They have known you to be this way for so long, always causing problems, not playing right, tearing up their games, that I'm not sure you will ever be able to redeem yourself. I am not really sure what to do to help you understand. I have explained to you what I feel you need to know in order to be an easier person to be around. Yes, it is true that at this point your brothers have built a resistance to you, perhaps they are just as much a part of the problem as you are.

I thought for sure with age it would get better (and it has a bit). You guys would have more in common. You would mature a bit and understand what is appreciated in a relationship. You are so kind in other ways, cuddly and loving. Its not all bad. Perhaps you are just that special child in the family, that no one ever really understood, who will go on to change the world.

I pray dear son that you will develop great discernment and wisdom in all things. That you will know without a dought the difference between wrong and right, and that you will always choose what is right. A personality like yours has to know these things. I pray that you direct all your ways to The Lord and use all that determination for good!

No comments:

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29