Friday, June 16, 2006

I haven't posted a good yucky post in a while.....

....so here goes. As you know we buried our beloved Diddy the cat a few days ago. Today, I had sat down at the computer and heard some scratching noise on the side of the house that the cat is buried on. So I gasp in fear that my concern a few days ago was coming true.

I jump up and look out the window to see it....yes....the dog was digging him up. Devon was standing there and I yell, RUN DEVON....RUN. He knew what I was talking about without me even saying what was wrong. The smell apparently on day 3 of being buried is pretty bad and the dog smelled it and wanted to find out what it was.

We caught him right before he got to the blue blanket he was wrapped up in was visible(this dog can dig wholes like no other). The smell was putrid, pregnantly nauseous or not. We covered him back up and I advised Devon to find a bunch of rocks to put over the cat in hopes that the dog will not try it again.

So I am spending my whole day looking out the window. I need to run to the bread store but I am afraid of what I might come home to. The best part is that I emailed Rob to let him know what Maverick (the dog) did. And his reply was "sorry, I thought that might happen once the cat started stinking" Yep, love you to sweety!

So there you go, are ya grossed out yet? If not give me a few more hours and Im sure I can come up with something else that is sure to deliver.

No comments:

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29