Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Well........

..... it happened. No matter how much I complained or tried to ignore it in hopes that it would just not come. It DID! You are officially one! Sooobbbb

I remember the day I looked in awe at you, like it was yesterday. I was shell shocked for weeks...to think that I, the mother of five boys could even house a girl in my testosterone friendly womb. What a miracle!

So there you were perfect in everyway. And you still are. You are the epitome of what a girl represents. Dainty, fragile, yet can swing and hit ya square on before you knew what happened. I just grin at you with such giddy pride as you lay on your back and kick your feet....and say to everyone watching, look at that "little girl fit" she is throwing isn't it the most precious thing you have ever seen? All kidding aside you have a sweet attitude most all the time. With a smile that could melt the coldest heart.

You are super nosy...which is just a slang way of saying you pay attention to everything around you, to the smallest detail. You will watch and study someone with great seriousness. While I am nursing you you will pull up your dress and rub your belly button....you love your belly button, checking at least 100 times through out the day to make sure no one has made off with it.

So what has changed around here sense your arrival 12 months ago, well...everything. There are the obvious things such as pink, frilly dresses. Hair barrettes and little panty hose.
There is actually a pink room in this house...that is something I never expected to have.

Then there are those things you can not see. My sons learning to protect and be gentle with little girls. Your daddy coming home to that big smile of yours and you pushing through all the boys to get to him to give him a hug. And me....well....I cant even begin to put into words the way you have changed my life. You have brought a joy to me that is unexplainable. I have a friend, a helper, a fellow dreamer, someone to pass on my legacy, as a woman, to.

I have a daughter! Happy birthday my precious Eve!

No comments:

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29