Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Ode to Baby Diddy

My husband walked in after work one day and inside his lunch box was this little tiny kitten. It had fallen asleep in the tire well of one of his co-workers trucks and ended up at work. So here is this cute little kitty, who Ethan lovingly would call baby diddy, henceforth came his name only shortened to Diddy. This cat became the possession of Devon, Im not sure why. Maybe because he and Devon just bonded.

So a year has passed sense Diddy came to live with us. He was an indoor-outdoor cat, and loved to fight with the neighborhood bully. Who beat him up on an every other day basis. So this past weekend he had a really bad tear on his tail and we took him into the vet. At the vet they gave him an FIV (feline aids) test and he tested positive. No dought that he got it from that bully neighborhood cat. Sighhhh, so we opted to put him to sleep, because it was only a matter of time before he got real sick. Devon cried ALL day. I felt so bad for him!

My awesome husband who has been working 13 hour shifts 7 days a week, with an hour and a half drive home stayed after work to weld a headstone together and then came home exhausted and dug a whole. The memorial service was sweet, Devon insisted on carrying him and placing him in the grave and then covering him up.

So farewell Diddy, I will miss you spraying on my couch (not really) and waking me up in the middle of the night so that I can let you outside. I will miss your hair being all over the house, and cleaning out your litter box. But the one who will miss you the most is Devon.

As your headstone says...Sleep Well...Diddy~!

No comments:

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29