Friday, June 09, 2006

Raising children you like to be around!

I love my children. Especially after being around someone else's children, who may not act exactly as you think children should. Which got me to thinking why are my children so well behaved? Well, the answer to that is simple. I expect them to be and will except nothing less. Are they perfect, hah, NO! But they know that I mean what I say...thats the key.

I have read many parenting books over the years. Some I agreed with quite a bit, others not so much. One thing is for sure if your children are less than enjoyable to be around, it is your fault!
Yes, there are difficult children...I have one. Who is the poster child for difficult, but he would never tell me NO to any thing I asked him to do and he knows that even after the struggles that he may throw into a situation, he is still going to end up doing what is asked of him.

My favorite child training site is http://www.raisinggodlytomatoes.com/

This is a wonderful tool for anyone who may have less than lovely children, or even if you have great children and just need a little encouragment. Parents it is our responsibility to raise kind, loving, respectful, responsible, hard working human beings. This is no small task! And for those of you who are in my shoes with many little blessings, its a full time job!

No comments:

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29