Sunday, June 11, 2006

The uspoken part of the curse

You will bare children with great pain.....yep, that part is true....but the part that was left out is the....you will also feel like you are a walking zombie the first few months of pregnancy. With the urge to hurl at every smell that wafts your way. You will want to sit on the couch (or dirt floor as it would have been) and do nothing, because you feel like 3 day old poop.

BUT...... you wont be able to because you have breakfast to cook, and dishes to wash, and dirty diapers to change...usually 2 in a row. You have laundry to do and you still have to go grocery shopping, just stay as close to the bathroom as you can. Your children will still want lunch and dinner and that means more lofty lovely smells to get your gag reflexes rolling. I agree that feeling like you are being ripped apart for an hour during labor is disheartening, but if I must choose, I would say that the unspoken part of the curse is the real kicker.....so why on earth do we continue to have babies? Well, its all worth it when you look in that new little babies eyes and once again you are a mother. Will I do it again? .....I sure hope so!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just got home from church and let me tell you finding your comment and then coming over to your blog was like the BEST gift I ever could have recieved today!!! I all of the sudden felt less alone, like I had a sister who REALLY understands!!! I know we have all been through it but you seem to forget this part when baby finally comes and reading your post (which I could have written myself) was just a breath of fresh air (ha ha)how exciting that we are both expecting "again" and yes isnt changing two little bottoms while preggy just the BEST!I will keep us both in prayer as we experience Gods blessing yet again! Oh and if I havnt told you before, I love your blog, love your writing!

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29