Saturday, February 09, 2008

....is that Spring?


I tell you it has been so beautiful here the past week. It feels like Spring has sprung.....but I'm no dummy.....this is Texas where if you dont like the weather just wait a second and it will change. Nevertheless we have been drinking it in fully! We have made it to parks, gone fishing and what ever else excuse we can find to be outside.

I have been planning the garden plot for this year...it is going to be our biggest ever! I am quite excited! Another desire of mine was to get some fruit trees in this month. We really didnt have the money to spend 30-40 dollars each, on fruit trees, so I laid my desire before The Lord yesterday. Today.....I found dwarf Gala, dwarf pear and Georgia Peach trees and got them ALL for less than $50.00, with a few grape vines thrown in there!!!




We planted them today in our fruit orchard (haha)! We also trimmed the old pecan and pear trees on our property, I love being outside in the dirt, can you tell?

The chickens must be enjoying the weather as well because they have been laying up a storm. They gave us 23 eggs in three days.



Sorry I have been so quite lately, and its not that I havent had the time. I go through periods of quiteness I guess and this is one of those times. I'm still here though.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm near Texas, and we've been enjoying nice weather as well. One of the days last week gave us mid 70s, and today we had mid 60s. I love this! :-P

Robyn said...

I loved all the pictures, and your new trees in the 'orchard'! I'm getting ready to plan our garden, too. I have that springtime itchiness, can't wait for warm weather!

Anonymous said...

You know it's funny, I have lived in several different states, including Texas, and everyone likes to use that phrase, "If you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes." However, I think Texas is the only state that can honestly claim it! :D

Mothertomanyblessings said...

WE just started with chickens as well! Hopefully we start getting lots of eggs too :)

rcsnickers said...

What a great find on those fruit trees. It is our dream to have several fruit trees! Do you use all those eggs for your baking? Has the cost of chickens and feed saved you money compared to buying in the store?

Understand your quiet periods... we all do.

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29