Monday, February 18, 2008

A Parable

In the days that the African slaves began to protest slavery, they would scream from the auction blocks as they were being bidded on..."I WILL NOT WORK!"

One day went down in history as the end of slavery was nearing. A large young healthy slave was on the block...the bidding went higher and higher as he continued to yell, "I WILL NOT WORK!".

The highest price ever paid for a slave was recorded that day. The man who won the bid went to the slave and the slave said to him, "man you made a mistake, I will not work!" The man said, "no, you dont' understand. I am against slavery. I bought you to set you free. You are a free man." At that point the slave fell to his knees and thanked the man and said, "Master, I will serve you."

No comments:

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29