Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Future Engineers

So what do you do when it is on day 232 of over 100 degree temps outside? Well you build a dam of course. My oldest child is a real inventor. He says he wants to be an Engineer and a Veterinarian when he grows up. He is always up to something. Today he and his 6 year old brother went out back, dug a whole, built a retaining wall on one side and filled it with water.





Then the great "dam destroyer" came along and the dam sprung a leak


Not to worry there is plenty of mud and brick to fix that leak. So they are soaking wet and covered in mud, as will be my kitchen floor when they walk through it to grab a towel. Isn't that what being a kid is all about?

1 comment:

The Nelsons said...

Sorry to go off topic on you, but you posted on my blog about printing up plans for the earth tubes for your husband - where did you find these, I have not found actual plans. Thanks. Hey, what happened with the other blog? You can reply to my e-mail or the blog. My e-mail is roger@panivinoranch.com. Thanks

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29