Friday, August 04, 2006

Worlds Apart

My extended family is very well off on my fathers side. Many doctors and big shot executives. Material things are very important and they have worked hard to get what they have. My Husband and I enjoy nice things but we sure don't need the latest Mercedes or other high toten fad.

There lives are different and that was made to hilariously clear today. My grandmother brought over a boat load of boy clothes from a relative on the high rolling side of the family LOL. She drove all the way from Shreveport LA to give them to me and then turned around to go to Nebraska to go dancing for the weekend. Thanks MeMaw (shes not your average grandma) She is up there in age but not in mind, body or spirit ( I guess its the indian in her)

So anyway I'm getting off track.....so I have these clothes laying on my couch, probably over 100 shirts of all kinds including regular T-shirts. There were also plenty of great pairs of pants in sizes my boys can ware. As I was looking at them all hanging nicely on their hangers I realized all these clothes had come from the cleaners. Even the silly play t-shirts. I was astonished. This relative has ALL her sons clothes laundered. Could you imagine the bill on that? What a luxury!

Yes, it was made all to clear we live lives that are worlds apart.

No comments:

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29