Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Isaiah

I am halfway through the book of Isaiah. I started about 5 months ago reading the Bible all the way through from start to finish. My favorite book of the OT is Deuteronomy. Not sure why I just love it. My favorite books of the NT are Ephesians and James.

I came across a verse today though that I want to share. I have a yearning in my spirit for Peace, it is something I am drawn to. The mear thought of complete peace gives me such Joy.

"The fruit of righteousness will be peace: the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever. My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisterbed places of rest. Though hail flattens the forest and the city is leveled completely, how blessed you will be, sowing your seed by every stream, and letting your cattle and donkeys range free. " Isaiah 32:17-20

No comments:

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29