Thursday, November 16, 2006

My thoughts.....

.....so far on Chapter 1 are many. But I will try and keep it lite. There were some things that disturbed me as to my own walk with The Lord, which is truly lacking! but I will start with the obvious message of the chapter.

" What is happening is justification in Christ is preached alone, at the expense of holy living; and the hearers of this one-sided gospel are left in the dark as to Gods requirement of the necessity of a holy life, Gods grace has been turned into lasciviousness; the attitude of most has been: "A little sin wont hurt-I'm just a 'carnal Christan' you know."

The false teaching of carnal Christianity has so permeated our churches that no one ever questions his interest in Christ, no matter how he lives. People are told that if they have believed, that is all that is necessary, and therefor all is well with their souls, but the Holy Word of God declares no such teaching, but in fact declares just the opposite! Hebrews 12:14 "Follow peace with all men, and holliness, without which no man shall see God"

Christs life is now his life, this saved soul now desires to put to death the things of the flesh, that he might sow to the spirit and walk after the spirit.

This was the passage that I loved reading...."a gospel that gives no new heart or new nature, a gospel that does not break the power of sin, but allows one to live on in it, a gospel that knows nothing about holiness of thought and action , a gospel that will let you indulge the flesh, and put no restraint upon your passion, pride and evil heart!"

I feel like this is what the majority of Christians think. They do not hold themselves responsible for their actions. "Its a fallen world you know" they say. Have they forgotten that we are called to live in this world but not be "OF" this world. I have many christian friends who party, drink, go out act like fools, I know christian folk who are living an "alternative" lifestyle. I know christain woman who ware things that make my husbands head turn, as well as make me feel like maybe I should look sexy too, just so that I can keep my dh's stares my way. I know christians that speak to others as if they are dirt, with no respect of themselves or anyone around them.

It almost makes you ashamed to say you are a christian...when that is what you are up against.
( I am not ashamed!)

In my experience as I have tried to set myself apart from this world in dress and certain family decisions I am mocked, made fun of and tolerated, even by those who I trust the most. Does this hurt me, yep....does it make you want to just blend in and be like everyone else....almost!

I guess that I am saddened the most, to think that "the above" is what our Saviour died for. He gets no more than that from most. Where is the respect, where is the awe and reverence and wonder? Where is the gratitude and life change? Where is the holliness...?

I am not perfect!! I have slid so far backwards from where I once was in Christ. I am not the person that I want to be. As much as I know it is all my doing...I can honestly say that it also has alot to do with those around me. I do not want to be an outcast...who wants to be the crazy "religious lady?" who doesn't know what birth control is and dresses like a Volkswagen. It is truly hard to be different, holy, like Christ, in this world of Christians...because many believe a false gospel.

OK my rant is over....can you tell these are fresh wounds and real heart ache! I am an all or nothing kinda gal. I want to do something all the way or not at all. I want to be that peculiar person that the word says I am supposed to be. I want to hear "well done...my precious daughter (good and faithful servant) you have made me proud, you have lived a life worth my sacrifice. "

1 comment:

rcsnickers said...

I agree with your thoughts! It should be easier for Christians to backup what we do, act, say, etc. But so many are not separated that they do not understand. I am not making clear sense, sorry.

Far to many people claim to be a "Christian." We refuse to use the term Christians because it seems if you were born in America, then you are a christian and are free to live as they please because God wants us to be happy. Where is that in scripture? We call ourselves "Born again Believers!"

Letisha

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29