Saturday, May 19, 2007

A Day at the Farm

We spent the day at Rehoboth Ranch. This is our local farm that we purchase our grass fed meats from. They have a beautiful 300 plus acre ranch here in Greenville. The children were able to see the goat milking process and get a hand in there to try it themselves. The chicken processing facility was available, for all to learn the ins and outs of processing. They had the local honey bee farmer with his bees and lots of yummy raw honey. (My favorite)

The best part of the whole day was the hay ride around the farm. The owners Mr & Mrs Hutchins and their 12 children showed us around their farm to see the animals and answered many questions. Yet, the best part was the scenery. I could have gotten lost in those rolling hills, covered in all colors of wildflowers, with butterflies dancing to and fro. I feel absolutely perfect when I am out under those trees feeling the cool breeze of the spring day on my face. So, this is Heaven on Earth!

No comments:

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29