Friday, May 04, 2007

Just an update

I am slowly getting back into the swing of things around here. Its amazing how behind the house and other responsibilities can get when you are down for a week. I can move around now, so its time to play catch up.

I can eat semi solid foods now, which is exciting! I lost 6 pounds last week, just from eating jello and pudding LOL.

The chickens are doing well, except the ones Maverick has eaten, so far that's three. He gets smart sometimes and talks Franklin (the 160 lb mastiff) into helping him push the cage around. He really must talk him into it, because Franky otherwise ignores the chickens. Devon got into the cage the other day and the chicks swarmed him, it was really funny. He reminded me of those pigeon people you see in the movies. While I was taking this picture Devon said "look mom I'm a chick magnet" what is great is he probably heard that on TV somewhere and really thought they were talking about chickens. I love how naive my boys are.

2 comments:

rcsnickers said...

"chick magnet" that is hilarious! My kids like to play with Horney the Parasolphius Dinosaur. (too tired to think the correct spelling oh well)

Ditto on the house. I am completely exhausted and just not feel like picking up or doing anything! Thankfully my oldest has helped by vacuuming and sweeping. The others pick up when I ask or plead them too! Oh well... worth it for a little baby to growing inside of me!

Hey, maybe I should eat jello and pudding! So far I am keeping my food down this pregnancy! 6lbs lost sounds great! Although, you already look great so doubt you really needed too!

Okay miss chatty is now tired!

Thanks for the laughs lately! Glad you are feeling better and able to move.

Letisha

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

Oh, I'm so glad you're feeling better! Catching up around the house will feel good, too, I'm sure.

Chick magnet - that is so great! My boys would have thought the same thing! :)

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29