Monday, May 21, 2007

"I want to see little children adorning every home as flowers adorn every meadow and every wayside. I want to see them welcomed to the homes they enter, to see their parents grow less and less selfish and become more and more loving because they have come. I want to see Gods precious gifts accepted, not frowned upon and refused."
Stepping Heavenward

Today, I and my children are going to purpose not say one unkind word or use any unkind tone in the house. It seems that bickering between the oldest three boys has become heavy on my nerves these past few weeks. I presume that this will take more patience than I have stored up in myself, so I am off to pray for bushels and boat loads of that precious commodity, patience!

2 comments:

Maxine said...

So nice to see a quote from my favorite book, SH! Isn't that a nice purpose that you and your children are attempting. It can only do good. May Patience be your companion today!

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

I prayed for you today - it can only be a good thing to purpose to live well - keep at it! (We may join you tomorrow...bickering...grrr!)

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29