Saturday, April 29, 2006

Heaven on Earth

There are some days that hold within them all that your heart holds dear. Those days make you feel whole on this fallen earth.

One of those days was today for me. The bluest skies with the whitest clouds floating above my head. So bright that you must squint to look at it. When the air is the perfect temperature; a cool breeze yet the sun shines so warmly on your skin; a perfect combination!

The green leaves; all shapes and sizes blowing in the wind. The colors blue and green, so clear and bright as they contrast one another. The smell of Spiarea and Whisteria flowers so thick on the wind; I am sure that is what heaven smells like (with a touch of new born baby smell)

Your children playing happily; laughing, giggling, smiling.....enjoying the same wonderful day as you only in the way a child would.

All is right. Dare I say perfect for a moment in time. There are perfect moments! There are moments when I get a tiny glimpse of heaven here on earth. Praise you Abba for such beauties. If the creation is just a small reflection of the creator, how glorious You must be.

No comments:

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29