Thursday, April 13, 2006

Things Children say...and keep saying

So I am dusting the living room and my 10 ys came up to me and asked if he could dust for me. I said "Im almost finished, your lunch is ready...go eat it" Then he says "Well I am feeling helpful right now so you better use it while you can!" ROTFLMBO

On to the things that children never stop saying...there are days where I feel like if I hear "that" one more time my brain will surly melt and ooze out onto the floor and then I will have to mop it up and rinse it down the drain, which would be good because I would be comatose and then could not hear "that" being said again and again...things like....

"MOM, how long is it till my birthday?" (literally asked by at least 2 children a day, some more than once) This requires thought on my part and they want an answer, so I fumble through all the birth dates in my head until I match the appropriate one with the face I am looking at. Then I must remember what the date is today and then I must do math. What do they want from me?

So since necessity is the mother of invention and apparently the thing that will hopefully keep me from moping up my brain off the floor, I have decided to make a chart that will show all the days of the year. It will have each of their birthdays clearly listed and I need to come up with a simple way for them to "count down" until the day. If you have any good ideas Im all ears. haha

No comments:

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29