Friday, January 12, 2007

A busy day ahead

...if we stay on track that is ;-) Today is friday which around here is "Deep clean Friday" Yes, those are the groans of my oldest children you hear in the background. LOL I'm not sure what I would do without the help of my oldest two/sometimes three boys. They work (most of the time) without complaint, and really help me stay ontop of the house. The only rooms in the house that I am in charge of are the kitchen, two bathrooms and my room. The rest is divided between the oldest 3/4 boys.

They each have their own zones that must be cleaned/neatened two times a day.

1)Devon/ Living room, library, boys room, upstairs balcony, laundry

2)Jordan/ Dinning rm, library, laundry rm, Eves rm (nursery), downstairs porch, trash

3)Seth/ stairs & stair railings and landings , upstairs and downstairs hallways, entry way, excersise rm, spare bedroom, back porch


On any normal day duties include keeping the floors clean, picking up trash, cups and keeping it neat. On Fridays this includes dusting, windexing all windows inside and or out if needed. Cleaning out "under things" like the couches, beds, cabinets etc. Mopping floors and wiping down walls and door casings.

Fridays also mean cleaning up outside. The backyard must be pooper-scooped, trash picked up, sidewalks swept off etc.

This all may sound like a lot of work, but when you do it daily/weekly it doesnt take much time at all. Fridays take about 1.5 hours to complete all tasks. Not bad!

Today we also have to go to the grocery store and post office. Then this evening I go see my midwife and check on little Ava Rose. So its a busy day ahead!

No comments:

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29