Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Still Counting Down ;-)

Yep, nothing yet. I do technically have 5 days to go...give or take so why rush things, right? LOL
I am still having on and off contractions, but they are tolerable. I have a feeling that she is in a weird position that she is having to correct to get to the starting line.

Yesterday would have been a good day, I had the house in order. Mopped and waxed all the floors and stayed on top of everything. Who knows I might actually make it to the Mavericks game on Saturday! I hate going anywhere that is not within 30 minutes of the house this close to delivery, so we'll see if I'm up to it ;-)

Did anyone get to watch the TLC special last night on the Heppners Family? I Tivo'd it and watched it this morning before the kids got up (I love that because I can skip all the commercials and an hour show becomes 30 min.) I enjoyed the show. I loved seeing another large family that doesn't spend 6oo dollars a week at the grocery store. They were very candid about their life and past mistakes, yet the love they had for The Lord was so apparent.

I couldn't help but being sad as I watched it though. My heart just ached as I thought about my kids leaving the house someday. You could see that they really missed their older children. I think I will feel the same way when that season of my life rolls around. Most folks cant wait until their children are grown and gone, but I would love nothing more than to have a Stucker neighborhood, where all of my children lived and I could at least see their faces frequently. The thought of them being off somewhere and me not seeing them for weeks, months at a time is to much for me to think about. So, I will enjoy these days as I have them all to my self!

I smell the Baked Oatmeal cooking in the oven and my stomach is growling!! I have to admit I love that stuff as much as the kiddos. My 3 year old just asked whats for breakfast and I said "Oatmeal cake" and he jumped up and down saying "YAY!!" So I guess I'm off to start my day!

Letisha has your friend delivered yet??

1 comment:

rcsnickers said...

Glad you all had a wonderful yummy breakfast!

Thanks for asking. I have not heard yet, so that is a yes most likely. Her due date was actually Feb 4 or 6th, like your original due date. Hopefully everything went well and she is holding her precious new babe as we type! I'll let you know as soon as I hear! It is her seventh as well.

Letisha

Oh that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! Duet 5:29